SET-Nav – Navigating the Roadmap for Clean, Secure and Efficient Energy Innovation
- Department(s)/ Research Infrastructure
- Energy, Transportation, Environment
- Project Status
- Aktuelles Projekt
- Project Duration
- since/from 2016 to 2019
- Commissioned by
- Europäischen Kommission (EC)
- In Cooperation with
- TU Wien, NTNU Norwegen, SINTEF, CEPS, Universitat Comillas
- Project Team/Contacts at DIW Berlin
Navigating the Roadmap for Clean, Secure and Efficient Energy Innovation
‘SET-Nav – Navigating the Roadmap for Clean, Secure and Efficient Energy Innovation’ is an EC-funded project which intends to support strategic decision enhancing innovation towards a clean, secure and efficient energy system for Europe's energy sector. The project started in April 2016 and is funded by the EU Horizon 2020 programme. It is being implemented by a consortium of academic, research and industry partners from 10 European countries.
The project generates contributions along three dimensions:
(1) the development of a modelling portfolio for decision making in the energy sector,
(2) the analysis of the impact of multiple future paths and policies, and
(3) the development of stakeholder dialogue and dissemination.
To help achieve these goals, DIW Berlin concentrates its work in two distinct key areas, namely:
- Model integration and global perspectives: Developing a model integration platform that allows for an efficient comparison and exchange of information between all consortium members, while at the same time formulating key parameters regarding the potential development of energy sources (prices, import availability) at the global level.
- Modelling workshops / capacity building: Cross-fertilising different approaches, frameworks, and methodologies enabling the development of competencies and new methods in order to better capture the inter-dependencies between economic and technological-development aspects of the energy system in current and future modelling work.
More information on the project website: http://www.set-nav.eu/
On November 29, 2016, a workshop on scenario development to 2050 will take place at DIW Berlin. More information can be found here: http://www.set-nav.eu/content/expert-scenario-development-workshop-29-november-2016-berlin-germany
The next modelling workshop will take place in Trondheim on November 24-25, 2016. It will deal with “Top-down Bottom-up Hybrid Modeling”. More information can be found here: http://www.set-nav.eu/content/set-nav-modeling-workshop-24%C2%A0-%C2%A025-november-2016-trondheim-norway