Research CooperationsThe departmental work is also supported by external research directors, research professors and research affiliates. They support, for a limited period, cross-sectional research assignments and give a fresh impetus to the institute's research agenda, here to the Department of Macroeconomics.
Research DirectorsResearch directors engage in cross-sectional tasks such as the coordination of research and the production of publications. In order to develop approaches for empirically based economic and socio-political advice, they closely cooperate with one of the research departments. They also coordinate research work and develop new methodological themes which help place DIW in the public spotlight. Additional tasks of an research director are the training and supervision of economists.
- Prof. Dr. Christian Dreger
- Research Director International Economics
- Prof. Dr. Dorothea Schäfer
- Research Director Financial Markets
Research ProfessorsResearch professors are external researchers who cooperate closely in research, teaching or through policy-oriented projects with a research department of the DIW Berlin.
- Prof. Anindya Banerjee
- Prof. Christopher F. Baum, Ph.D.
- Boston College, USA
- Prof. Dr. Pierpaolo Benigno
- Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance
- Prof. Guglielmo Maria Caporale
- Department of Economics and Finance
- Prof. Dr. Helmut Herwartz
- Prof. Dr. Michel Juillard
- Prof. Dr. Xuesong Li
- Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (CASS)
- Institute of Quantitative & Technical Economics (IQTE)
- Prof. Dr. Doris Neuberger
- Prof. Dr. Georg Stadtmann
- Chair of Economics In particular Economic Theory (Macroeconomics)