SOEP Conferences8th International German Socio-Economic Panel User Conference (SOEP2008)
The 8th International Socio-Economic Panel User Conference (SOEP2008) will be held in Berlin, July 9-11, 2008, at the Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin für Sozialforschung - Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
Quarter of a Century
2008 is a special year for the SOEP study: wave 25 of the two original subsamples, which was started in West Germany in 1984, will be in the field. A special session will reflect this milestone event, which gives an incentive to make SOEP an even better asset for social and behavioral sciences.
In addition to the conference presentations there will also be a poster session. Some of the submitted papers will be selected for presentation as a poster by the program committee.
We have blocked a number of rooms at special rates for conference participants in the hotel below. If you wish to book a room there, please contact the hotel directly and refer to "SOEP 2008". We recommend to make your reservation as early as possible. The reservation deadline is May 26, 2008.
Suitehotel Berlin Potsdamer Platz (80 EUR/Night/single, Breakfast incl.)
Anhalter Strasse 2
E-mail : H3745@accor.com
The hotel is located in the center of Berlin in walking distance to both the conference site (about 15 minutes) and the Potsdam Square (about 5 minutes). Moreover, many sites of interest in Berlin can easily be reached by feet or by public transport.
Other hotels can be booked via Hotel Reservation Service: www.hrs.de
They offer a wide range of hotels at various rates. If you like to book a room through HRS, please keep in mind that the conference site is close to Potsdamer Platz (10 minutes walk from the subway or S-Bahn Potsdamer Platz).
- Papers/abstracts can be downloaded from the program on the conference web page. Please note that we will not distribute any hard copies of the papers at the conference site. So please print the papers/abstracts you are interested in.
- Registration at WZB will start on July 9th at 09:00 hrs
- Workshop on "Recent SOEP Innovations" starts at 10:00 hrs
- Plenary opening session starts at 13:00 hrs
- Internet: There will be the (very limited) possibility to check emails in the Lobby. In addition, we will provide a password to access the internet via W-LAN using your own laptop at the conference site.
- Reception desk: If you have any questions concerning logistics please address to the reception desk
- Telephone-No. during the conference: +49-30-25491-681 (reception desk)
- Coffee/tea and soft drinks will be provided free of charge for conference participants during the whole conference
- Lunch: there is the possibility to take lunch at moderate prices at the WZB-Cantine; you will also find in the conference file some information on restaurants and delis in the vicinity of WZB.
- Reception on July 10th: On July 10 th , 18:30 hrs: conference participants are invited to a reception at WZB. We will offer some snacks and drinks.
Sorry, the deadline for registration has expired.
Shorter versions of selected conference papers have been published in a volume of conference proceedings (Journal of Applied Social Science Studies [Schmollers Jahrbuch], 1/2009) with the understanding that a full version of the paper may be submitted to another professional journal.
Prize for Best Paper
The Society of Friends of the DIW Berlin honored the best three papers and the best poster, presented at the conference.
We ask scholars to pay their own travel costs. If this is not possible partial reimbursement of expenses may be provided to presenters (one grant per paper) at the following rates, depending on which country presenters are coming from: up to € 125 (Germany), up to € 500 (Europe), up to € 750 (overseas).
We are delighted to offer you the opportunity to participate in a workshop on Econometric Analysis for Panel Data Using Stata, held by David Drukker (Director of Econometrics from Stata Corp.). The one-day course takes place the day before the 8th SOEP User Conference on July 8, 2008, 9am to 5pm, at the German Institute for Economic Research (DIW Berlin). The participation fee for the workshop is €70. The attendees are asked to bring their notebooks with Stata 10 – if available – to the workshop. For detailes please see the program of the workshop | PDF, 12.01 KB .
If you are interested in attending the workshop, please send an email to Anke.firstname.lastname@example.org (Dittrich & Partner Consulting GmbH). Please also indicate which version of Stata you use.
Local organizers at the DIW Berlin:
Please write to: email@example.com.
The submission deadline expired February 29, 2008.
The call for papers may be downloaded here.