Veranstaltungen des DIW Berlin/
Events of DIW Berlin
EMF 28 "The Effects of Technology Choices on EU Climate Policy"
Working group of the Energy Modelling Forum (EMF)
The Berlin meeting of the EMF 28 group will be the last of a series of meetings where the participants will coordinate on the final results of the study. The meeting will bring together European modelers of energy and climate economics from various places and backgrounds. They will discuss several scenarios of energy market development in Europe under different climate policy objectives. This effort closely relates to the European Commission's Energy Roadmap 2050, whose numerical results were derived from the energy systems model PRIMES, a participant in the EMF 28 group. Several topics will be investigated at the Berlin meeting in view of preparing the group's final report:
- EU climate strategies after 2020
- the interaction of global and European climate policies and mitigation strategies
- the policy mix to achieve a low carbon economy
- the costs of mitigation in Europe
- national mitigation strategies of EU member countries
- infrastructure requirements and constraints on the road to a low carbon energy system (electricity, natural gas, CCTS)
- from model results to policies.
They may feed into the energy and policy climate debate in Europe and globally, in particular in the next IPCC's 5th Assessment Report.
The European researchers will be joined by experts and modelers from overseas, e.g. from the EMF leaders at Stanford University. Previous meetings of the EMF 28 group were held in Potsdam and Utrecht. The final results shall be ready for publication before early 2013 and will be published on the EMF website.
- Attendance is by invitation only.
at DIW Berlin
- Franziska Holz
- Tel.: +49 30 89789 337