Prof. Dr. Peter Haan
Publications at DIW Berlin
Vorträge am DIW Berlin
CV - Short Version
Head of department of Public Economics at DIW Berlin and Professor of Public Economics at Freie Universität Berlin. Ph.D in Economics with distinction (Supervisors: Prof. Viktor Steiner and Prof. Richard Blundell). Studies in Economics and Political Sciences at Albert-Ludwigs-University Freiburg, Humboldt-University Berlin and University of Toronto (degree: Diplom Volkswirt). Visiting Fellow at Paris School of Economics, Institute for Fiscal Studies und UCL London. Recent publications in Economic Journal, Journal of Health Economics and Econometrics Journal.
Selected Publikations/Working Papers:
- Longevity, Life-cycle Behavior and Pension Reform, Journal of Econometrics, Vol. 178, No. 3, pp. 582-601, 2014 (with Victoria Prowse).
- The design of unemployment insurance: Evidence from a dynamic structural life-cycle model IZA Discussion Paper No. 4792, 2014 (with Victoria Prowse).
- Empirical welfare analysis with preference heterogeneity, International Tax and Public Finance, Vol. 21, forthcoming (with Andre Decoster).
- Can Child Care Policy Encourage Employment and Fertility? Evidence from a Structural Model, Labour Economics, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 498-512, 2011 (with Katharina Wrohlich).
- A Structural Approach to Estimating the Effect of Taxation on the Labor Market Dynamics of Older Workers, Econometrics Journal, Vol. 13, No .3, pp. 99-125, 2010 (with Victoria Prowse).
- A Multi-State Model of State Dependence in Labor Supply, Labour Economics, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 323-335, 2010.
- Making Work Pay in a Rationed Labour Market, Journal of Population Economics, Vol. 23, No. 1, pp. 323-351, 2009 (with Olivier Bargain, Marco Caliendo and Kristian Orsini).
- Dynamics of Poor Health and Non-Employment, Journal of Health Economics, Vol. 28, No. 6, pp. 1116-1125, 2009 (with Michal Myck).
- Optimal income taxation of lone mothers: an empirical comparison for Britain and Germany, Economic Journal, Vol. 119, No. 535, pp. 101-121, 2009 (with Richard Blundell, Mike Brewer and Andrew Shephard).