Finance Conference 2011
The Role of Finance in Stabilizing the Past, Present, and Future Real Economy
The German Institute for Economic Research (DIW Berlin), Boston College, Finance Center Münster, and Deutsche Bundesbank in cooperation with the Journal of Financial Stability will organize a conference on the future Role of Finance. The conference takes place on the 9th and 10th of June, 2011, in Berlin, Germany.
Program | PDF, 254.51 KB
Further Information | PDF, 98.97 KB (accommodation, tourism)
External participants have to register prior to the conference. A non-refundable conference fee of 100 euro has to be paid. The fee includes coffee and lunches on both days, dinner Friday evening.
Cost per person for the boat sightseeing tour including dinner (Italian buffet) will be 60 Euro (drinks are not included). We apologize that our contingent is limited, therefore your registration becomes valid only after our confirmation.
Contact: Ingrid Jähnisch, Tel. +49 30 89789 230
Application Form | DOC, 58.5 KB
Topics of interest to the conference include, but are not limited to the re-assessment and evaluation
- of government support measures and crisis management (e.g. the issue of how crisis management can be improved by establishing a new financial market architecture); evaluation of insolvency detection
- of the role and the value-added of finance for the real economy in the past
- of the future role of finance with respect to financial stability and stability of the real economy.
Along with your submission, please indicate whether you would like the paper to be considered for publication in a special issue of the Journal of Financial Stability. Your paper's acceptance for presentation at the conference does not guarantee publication in the Journal. All papers submitted to the Journal must pass the journal's regular refereeing process. Authors of papers accepted for presentation at the conference will receive reimbursement of their travel expenses as per guidelines that will be provided later.
Interested authors should submit their papers to DIW Berlin via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that only electronic submissions will be considered. The submission deadline is: 1st November 2010. Contributors will be notified by the end of January 2011.
Call for Papers | PDF, 93.56 KB
The Programme Committee for the conference comprises
- Christopher F. Baum (Boston College and DIW Berlin)
- Christian Dreger (DIW Berlin and Viadrina, Frankfurt/Oder)
- Edward Kane (Boston College)
- Thilo Liebig (Deutsche Bundesbank)
- Andreas Pfingsten (Finance Center Münster and DIW Berlin)
- Dorothea Schäfer (DIW Berlin and Jönköping International Business School)