Veranstaltungen des DIW Berlin/
Events of DIW Berlin
30.09.2012 - 05.10.2012 Workshop 6th International Research Workshop - Methods for Ph.D.
Empirical research is seeking through methodological processes to discover, hopefully, nontrivial facts and insights. Beside choosing a topic and grounding an idea in theory, empirical research consists of gathering and analysing data as well as presenting results in scientific contexts in order to contribute new issues to the body of acquired knowledge - not only to someone‘s own but also to that of others.
Our workshop tackles these steps of your research project:
- Gathering data via (un)structured interviews and analysing standardized survey data,
- using the computer for qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
It is possible to get a certificate on the credit points (according to the European Credit Transfer System).
In detail the following courses will be offered:
- Analysing Panel Data
- Structural Equation Modelling with Amos
- Data Analysis with Stata - Beginners
- Data Analysis with Stata - Intermediates
- Data Analysis with R
- Sequential Analysis
- Introduction to the SOEP
- Network Analysis
- Questionnaire Design
- Qualitative (Expert) Interviews
- Qualitative Inquiry and Content Analysis with MAXQDA
- From Words to Networks: Information and Relation Extraction from Text Data and Analysis of Socio-technical Networks
- Case Study Research
- Introduction to MAXQDA for Case Studies
- Grounded Theory
- Mehr Informationen
- Akademie Sankelmark (near Flensburg) Akademieweg 6 24988 Oeversee