At its meeting in early November 2021, the DIW Board of Trustees appointed five new members to the SOEP Survey Committee. In the coming years, they and the rest of the Survey Committee will advise the SOEP team on the content and methodology of the surveys, as well as on SOEP’s research and services.
- Economist Conchita D’Ambrosio is a professor at the University of Luxembourg. She conducts research on the income distribution, poverty and inequality, well-being, and “Beyond GDP” (homepage).
- Sociologist Frank Kalter has been a Professor of Sociology at the University of Mannheim since 2009. He is also a founding board member and co-director of the German Center for Integration and Migration Research (DeZIM). His research interests center on the causes of migration and processes of intergenerational integration (homepage).
- Jutta Mata is a Professor of Health Psychology at the University of Mannheim. Her research deals the psychological, social, and environmental determinants of health behavior (homepage).
- Annette Scherpenzeel (PhD) is an expert in survey methodology and a senior researcher at the Netherlands Institute for Health Services Research (NIVEL). Her main research interests are health, well-being, and living conditions in old age (homepage).
- Joachim Winter is Professor of Empirical Economic Research and Chair of the Department of Empirical Economic Research at Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (homepage).
We look forward to working with these new members, and are also very grateful to the members whose terms ended this year: Melissa Hardy, Lucinda Platt, Susann Rohwedder, and especially Uwe Sunde, who has served for several years as chair of the Survey Committee. “The members of the SOEP Survey Committee have been exceptionally committed to the SOEP in recent years and have provided us with critical feedback and support in our work. They have been instrumental in SOEP’s success as one of the largest and longest-running household studies worldwide and in the study’s high reputation in Germany and internationally,” said SOEP Director Stefan Liebig. The Board of Trustees of DIW Berlin appoints up to 10 researchers as members of the SOEP Survey Committee.